Thursday, November 3, 2011

I Am Half-Sick of Shadows

Usually my first gesture to Christmas is tuning my kitchen and car radios in to the all Christmas music all the time stationright before Thanksgiving.  This year I have a whole new and exciting holiday herald! I have the new Flavia de Luce mystery I AmHalf-Sick Of Shadows by Alan Bradley.

Ah Flavia. My girl. The eleven year old chemistry queen and whodunit heroine returns for her fourth foray into Miss Marple-ville. Flavia is working on a super glue that will prove the existence of Santa Claus, her sisters are honing their wicked stepsister skills and the Colonel has responded to tough financial times by renting out the family home to a film company. Enter the dead actress ready for her close up.

This is a mystery so good luck thinking I am giving up any more of the plot. Open up I Am Half-Sick of Shadows and discover it for yourself. While you do that you will be sending a hundred silent thank yous to author Alan Bradley for creating Flavia, for keeping her engaging and for her classically cozy mysteries.  

No comments:

Post a Comment