Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Target Is My Heart


Oh Flower the humanity!

Ok. Ready? The Back To School shopping area is already set up at Target. And. It's not new today. Oh no it's been up for over a week. Have I been Rip Van Winkle-ized in some way? Is it now mid August and I just didn't know it? Do our children need to be exposed to this before they finished even one chorus of  No More Teachers, No More Books?

Back to school paraphernalia in the beginning of July? Talk about a buzz kill. Poor little guys.

I am all for getting the Christmas merch out in October. I love seeing it all and it makes the holiday last a little longer. Ditto for Easter products making the shelves in January, Flag Day party plates ready for purchase in March, and calendars on the sales floor by August. But in the name of all that is sacred and holy put the school supplies back in the store room. It has been many, many years since I was in school and still after all these years seeing notebooks, calculators and pencil cases all in a row breaks my heart.

So Un Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment