Wednesday, July 13, 2011

How Could I Have Been So Blind?

Seriously. How did I miss this? I read Emily Alone. We spent a few precious days together. I thought it was brilliant. Maybe the book power of Emily Alone blinded me to the cover art but I am wide eyed and seeing now my friend. Isn't Emily, Velma? Velma Eugenia Dinkle, crime solver. One of those 'pesky kids' from Scooby Doo.


Apparently Velma grew up, married, gave up detective work and raised a family. I'm sure money grubbing mill owners, wiley farmers and small town shopkeepers across the land breathed a sigh of relief when Velma retired. Now they were now free to scare all the locals they needed to into abandoning their land, closing thier inns or selling their old amusement parks for a song so these villians could destroy the America we all know and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment