Sunday, April 24, 2011

Just Don't Bother

Oh Flower.

I've had two duds in a row. Good thing I can bounce back.

I don't like to use this word but in this instance it's perfect. The American Heiress is ...meh. This novel defines the word average. It's the story of a wealthy young American woman from a socially ambitious family at the turn of the 20th century who marries the poor but titled English heir to a great house. Do I even need to tell you anything else?


Wait a minute. Yes. I do. The main character's name? The young woman with the bankroll? Cora Cash. Cora Cash, my friend.

If Mad Libs had an Edith Wharton/Judith Krantz edition author
Daisy Goodwin could have used it to write The American Heiress and saved herself many fruitless hours at her desk.
 
Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment