Tuesday, March 1, 2011

New Jane Harris Novel!

What exciting news Flower!

In May Faber & Faber is publishing novel #2 by Jane Harris. I am thrilled. I adored The Observations! It was excellent and had one of my favorite characters ever in Bessy Buckley.

This is from Faber & Faber's website:

Gillespie and I
Synopsis:
As she sits in her Bloomsbury home, with her two birds for company, elderly Harriet Baxter sets out to relate the story of her acquaintance, nearly four decades previously, with Ned Gillespie, a talented artist who never achieved the fame she maintains he deserved. Back in 1888, the young, art-loving, Harriet arrives in Glasgow at the time of the International Exhibition. After a chance encounter she befriends the Gillespie family and soon becomes a fixture in all of their lives. But when tragedy strikes - leading to a notorious criminal trial - the promise and certainties of this world all too rapidly disorientate into mystery and deception. Featuring a memorable cast of characters, infused with atmosphere and period detail, and shot through with wicked humour, Gillespie and I is a tour de force from one of the emerging names of British fiction.


Sounds terrific doesn't it? And. Aren't you thrilled beyond words that book 2 is not a short story collection as happens so often? I cannot wait. And. Look at the cover. Gorgeous.


I have poked around on the internet to find out the U.S. release date for Gillespie and I  but I'm not finding anything yet. Oh well. If it turns out that Gillespie isn't going to be released here about the same time as in the U.K. I will either get a copy from a friend over there or the very good Book Depository with their free worldwide shipping. So there.

Happy, Happy, Happy


No comments:

Post a Comment